Friday, April 3, 2009

Mitchell is a BIG Six Year Old!



Today we celebrated Mitchell's birthday, at his request, with a theme of Lego Star Wars. No fear, not to worry, Mom can think of anything. Right! Right? Right? OH BOY! Did this require a lot of imagination and planning and creativity.


Mitchell had any cousins who could attend come. That included, Hunter & Carly, and Addison & Jacob. And then he also had some additional friends, Kaylie & Ean Packard, and Steven.



Mitchell requested a Lego Star Wars birthday cake! And since no bakery can garantee me PEANUT-FREE we, meaning Mom, got creative. I used a wonderful (Damn Good Chocolate Cake) recipe and worked my magic. I thought it turned out pretty cute and the kids abosultely loved the idea of eating legos. And the adults even raved about the taste!



All of the kids were able to decorate their own Jedi Robes, constructed from paper sacks and mom's cutting and stapling skills! Then Paul introduced himself as Luke Skywalker to instruct his new Jedi in the use of their light sabers! Grandpa did a great job as acting as Darth Vader w/ actions noises included.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my DEAR, SWEET, MITCHELL MAN. I can't believe you are six!





Grandpa Lewis, Heather, and Paul!

5 comments:

The Kleins said...

That was awesome! It all turned out great. Good on ya!

adamanderinclark said...

What an imagination you have. You pulled it off wonderfully. The Cake looks awesome. And by the way You look AMAZING.

marcie said...

Who is that hottie with Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker? You're looking so good! Thanks so much for letting us bring the kiddos while we went to the reunion. The cake is awesome and my kids had a total blast!

The Slaters said...

It looks like it turned out great....good job! It is hard to be creative with b-day parties.

maxfamclan said...

Wow! That is amazing! Baking, games and entertainment! Very, very impressive. I look at that am glad I don't have boys yet, I don't know how I would be so creative without being girly!