Friday, February 27, 2009

Smokin' Hot Bread


I thought I would share my Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe. These loaves didn't last long. They are absolutely delicious. It makes me feel even better knowing that they are home ground, whole wheat, and honey too!

In a Large Mixer combine the following:

3 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 c. Wheat Gluten
2 1/2 c. Very warm water
1 1/4 T. Active Dry Yeast

Cover w/ a towel and let it double in size for 10 minutes

Beat down X 1 min. Then add:

1/3 c. Honey
1/3 c. Oil
1 T. Salt
1 1/4 T. lemon juice (acts as a dough enhancer)

Mix for 1 min. Then add:

2 1/2 c. flour

Beat in mixer for 6-10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees and turn off.

Use non-stick cooking spray to line 2 loaf pans.
Place a small amount of oil on the countertop. Seperate dough into 2 balls and mold into loaves. Place in warmed oven for 15min or doubled in size. Then turn on oven to 350 degrees. Leave bread in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.

4 comments:

marcie said...

Oooh yes, this recipe is totally delicious! I like that it's honey and fresh ground wheat too :)

I heard about Daisy. Sorry you had to put her down :( I hope the kids are taking it okay.

Katherine said...

Okay where did you get the bees? And when Mason is naughty is he on honey duty? Jokes. That looks amazing. I am going to try it tomorrow, minus the home ground wheat and home grown honey, because who are we kidding this is me we are talking about. Loves, Kat

Mylissa 2 said...

Wow that bread looks yummy! I need to buy a wheat grinder and then I want to make some too! What happened to Daisy????

maxfamclan said...

That is awesome! All I need now is a mixer!