Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Franklin Basin, Logan Canyon

LEWIS REUNION 2009We had a great Lewis' Reunion in June this year up Logan Canyon at
Franklin Basin.
All my side of the family is actually in the photo!
24 in all, I think it's a first.

We camped, 4-wheeled, ate, and enjoyed each other's company & had SMORES!
We spent a day at the Bear Lake on the beach!
It was a little overcast, a slight breeze, but delightful!
We ended the afternoon w/ world famous Raspberry shakes &
then headed back to camp for a wonderful dutch oven dinner!
Heather tried a new recipe of Artichoke chicken
and dutch oven sausage-mushroom potatoes.
And of course we had peach & apple cobbler & more SMORES!
I don't think I have ever seen so much chocolate, graham crackers, and
marshmallows in one camp out!
Everyone contributed!
Two WHITE, HOT Mamas of three . . . Heather and Marcie!
I think I win on the most glow. . . that is in my legs of course,
I am not pregnant!
This girl is getting a little comfortable in front of the camera!

What can I say about Nathan and Camille except their 1 year anniversary is almost here!

Morgan and Christy contributed the Jet Ski's for the day at the beach and the most kids, four, in the family!
The cousins, Dallin, Elijah, Hunter, and Mitchell turned over the sand in hopes of possibly finding buried treasure. They had a blast!
Fisher looked a little bloated, but he never sank!
Justin and Jake, chillin' in the shade.
Heather and Madilynne loved the sun and water. I don't think Madilynne stopped smiling once. She LOVES and I mean LOVES the beach!
Justin, Angie, Addison, and Jake just came up for a day of fun @ the campsite and @ the beach. We loved seeing their smiling faces. Jake just loved eating the sand!?! What can I say.... more fiber?
Paul wasn't feelin' to hot @ the beach and he was the perfect bed for a little nap for Mason!
Grandpa delighted in sweet little hugs to help warm up cold wet little girls!
Mason had fun pushing the throttle on the Jet Ski to go for "WRIDE!"
Marcie and Fish enjoyed several rides on the 4 wheelers!
Kinsley couldn't figure out where her tongue was supposed to go.
I think these two smiles sum up the fun we had as a family!

5 comments:

Mindy and Shane said...

Looks like you guys have been busy having lots of fun! I can't believe that the summer is winding down! We still need to get together one of these days!

maxfamclan said...

Love all the pics! So much fun! Makes me wish for some cool water to splash in!

Melissa said...

Wow!! It's weird to see all of your family older with kids!! I can't even tell who's who!!! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! :)

Lewis Jewelers said...

Looks like a really fun family trip. Maybe next summer we can all plan a reunion for the decendants of Garold and Dorothy Lewis. Any suggestions?

Lizz said...

I love reunions! Looks like yours are a blast! Cute pictures!