Thursday, May 3, 2012

Count Down!

The count down has begun! One week and three days, until Mommy, me, is back in school. I feel the anxiety starting to calm and the pieces are falling into place better. Paul is very supportive and my parents have my back 100%. I had a sit down talk with Mitchell this last week about the changes that are coming and he seems to understand and hopefully will cope well.

With this new adventure being added into our already busy life I have found that one of my biggest struggles has been accepting the change that I have chosen. I discovered that with most of the bumps in the road of my life I tend to move forward. That is just the direction I have to take. I have to take what I have been given and move forward in the best way possible. But this change has been the hardest, by far. I made the choice. It wasn't forced upon me, I chose to make this change. I also didn't realize the major amount of changes this one choice would create for me and my family.

I now am facing a job change, switching my schedule, not seeing my friends from work as frequently, and juggling the kids more. It is weird I have to let go of Labor and Delivery in order to become a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwife. I have to change my position of leadership and comfort to become a learner again. Shifting my role to student, instead of teacher is exciting and humbling. I just pray everything will go well.

Paul has been so busy, gearing up for marijuana eradication in Southern Utah. And the kids are winding down the school year. Mitchell is finishing up third grade. I can't believe how quickly he is growing and changing. He stands at my shoulder right now, at the age of nine. I'm sure he will be my height by the time he is 12 or 13. I better keep stocking my pantry!

Madi is a social light. She needs to be in contact with someone at all times or have a planned play date waiting in the wings. She makes me laugh the amount of times a day she needs to change her outfit and do something different with her hair.

Mason is getting ready to finish his first year of preschool, and by far, my most easy going kid. He loves to hold small toys in his hands and is a cuddle bug to stuffed animals. He loves to be sung to every night. "The Lamanites Mom, the Lamanite song." he says every night! Ah, the simplicity of life! I love that my kids remind me of the simple things every day!

As a family, we are hoping to visit Mickey Mouse again this year over Thanksgiving. We will have to see what the finances hold in trying to budget for me going to Graduate school and the bare needs of clothes and food. But, Paul has a training opportunity there right before Thanksgiving and it would be a great opportunity for family time too. Let's hope he gets approved for the training.

No comments: