Saturday, October 4, 2008

Picking Pumpkins' and a trip to PCMC!

The Scott Family life wouldn't be complete without some visit to the emergency room; but before I explain the ending to a fun night take a look at a few of the cutest little pumpkins picking the pumpkins from our own garden!





After all that fun we were playing on the front lawn and Madilynne went towards the concrete stairs into the house and tripped and landed w/ a partially opened mouth on the step. A loud crack was heard and I knew it was more than just a bump. She was bleeding profusely from her mouth. After about five minutes the bleeding slowed and she had a large gash on her upper lip and a tooth pushed back. I took her to kids care and had two nurse come look at her and I was sent to Primary Children's Medical Center for stitches from a plastic surgeon. I went to PCMC and waited in the ER w/ many other children, coughing, vomiting, and screaming for 2 hours before we were called back to a room. In the room I saw a wonderful Pediatric resident who said we needed to sew the lip up, she just needed her attending to see it before she called the Plastic Surgeon. The attending came in and said it actually didn't need to be sewn! WHAT? I was fuming mad, not at the physician but at the way things had been handled! I will be fighting that ER Bill all the way! Anyway, little Miss Madilynne is still hurting and on a regular schedule of motrin with a very swollen lip, but the good news is, NO STITCHES and NO BROKEN TEETH!

6 comments:

Sandie said...

I've lost count. How many times have you been to PCMC? That being said, I am so very impressed with you pumpkins. They look great.

Adrianne said...

Maybe you should look into buying some PCMC stock.

Sorry you had to have another trip there- so so frustrating when kidscare sends you to the ER and then the ER couldn't care less!!

The Kleins said...

Seriously Heather. You should really start looking at a house closer to PCMC. You'd probably save money. Hope Madi is doing better anyway. Take some pictures of the big fat lip for blackmail later.

And how the heck do you grow such huge pumpkins? Mine are always so puny... I've given up on growing them.

Mylissa 2 said...

I love your garden, I want to grow pumpkins, how fun! I'm sorry about Madie's accident. I hope she recovers okay.

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment! It is great to hear from you. Where are you living? How did you come accross my blog? I have been debating going private and am so glad I haven't!!!

Way cute blog btw!

Lizz said...

ps. i didn't realize i was logged on under a weird account, so i'll leave a comment under my normal account so you can find me again!