Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tooth Fairy's First Visit



Mitchell lost his first tooth this week, at age five. Paul helped him pull it while I was at work. Paul told Mitchell that the Tooth Fairy had to be notified by Mom before she would come. So the Tooth Fairy got a phone call the very next day, when Mom was home, and Mitchell put his tooth under his pillow that night with extreme excitement. He had a very hard time going to sleep. I went to check on him 2 hours after he had gone to bed and he was still wide awake, awaiting the arrival of the Tooth Fairy. He said, "Mom, I just don't know if I can do this! The suspense is tearing me apart. It might even be harder than waiting for Christmas!" Eventually he fell and asleep. And believe it or not, the Tooth Fairy came!

5 comments:

marcie said...

Glad he finally went to sleep :) The tooth fairy might of had a long night :)

The Kleins said...

Did you hear the first tooth is worth $5. My kids did. Love my friends who told my kids that!

maxfamclan said...

How very exciting! It makes him seem even more grown-up.

Heather-joy said...

Heather I can completely understand that excitement, I wish I still had visits from the Tooth Fairy. Finding money under your pillow for an old tooth, what a great deal!

The Slaters said...

Paul and Heather-

Thanks for the Christmas letter! It is great to recieve an update. And congrats on the tooth fairy visit. We had two visits from her last year and look forward to many more.

-JC and Corinn