Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fresh Salsa

I have to preface this recipe, it is vague and changes a little every time I make the salsa. I just use what I have on hand so you may have to tweak it a little.

1 Large Bowl or Grocery sack full of tomatoes
1-2 Bell Peppers (Red, green, or yellow)
1 Lg onion or 5-6 green onions
5-6 Cloves of garlic
2 Jalapeno (seeded) or you can substitute for 2-3 Anaheims or Garden Salsa peppers)
1 Bushell of cilantro
2-4 Limes
Salt to taste

Use a food processor, the pulse mode, and chop away. Core your tomatoes first and leave the skins on. Chop. Dump tomatoes into receiving bowl. Next take the jalapeno, garlic, and bell peppers and chop finely and add to bowl. Chop onion and add to bowl. Hand chop the cilantro and squeeze in the limes. Add salt to taste.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

The Kleins said...

Thanks. I doesn't look too difficult. I think I may be able to pull it off. I can't wait to try it!

Megan Peterson said...

thanks. Sounds great!